Thursday, April 9, 2009

Questions

After great piano lessons this morning, we spent the rest of school time working on questions for a book club and an interview with Mary. Last night I registered the kids for zoo camp. They're really excited. They'll get to spend a week in June at the zoo learning about the animals and conservation efforts the zoo makes. At the end of the week they spend the night at the zoo. It should be a lot of fun. I've also been researching foreign language classes. They'll probably end up taking Spanish classes through the St. Charles Home school group. They were the only reasonable priced things I've found.

Aiden has gotten excited about math again. I've been having him work through pretests and told him if he got an 80% or higher on the test we'd skip the chapter. It's amazing how motivated it has made him to take his time and get the right answers. So far we've been able to skip 3 chapters. He's going to start working on the division pretest tomorrow. I wouldn't be too surprised if he can skip that one too. Learning to skip things has been the challenge for me. I'm such a task oriented person that I find it difficult to skip things. I've just adjusted my task to be finding him a challenge instead of completing problems. I think everyone is happier with this change. I'm doing the same thing for Zoƫ too.

No comments:

Post a Comment