Monday, June 29, 2009

Another reading day, please!

Well, the deck is covered in books, a hammock, pillows and a fort, but I think the reading party is finally coming to an end. The weather couldn't have been better! It was really a great day.

Zoë has just stopped reading for the day (near 5 pm). She took a break for lunch, but otherwise she has been reading non-stop since 7 am. She thinks that she has read over 15 books today. Aiden spent all morning reading, and around 3 he started getting stir crazy. He read 4 books and a bunch of Artemis Fowl. Needless to say I think the Reading Party was a big hit! Now I need to take them back to Barnes and Noble and the library to turn in their reading lists.

It was wonderful to hear one of them giggle to themselves about something they read, then run over to share it with me, or in Zoë's case, hail me from her throne on the hammock. We took a break to grab some lunch from the evil empire (I promised they could have a Happy Meal), and have an afternoon snack, but otherwise we read all day.

The morning started out interesting when we found a surprise resident trying to build a nest in a muffin pan in the drawer under the oven. The rodent perpetrator was promptly set free outside. Good thing they wanted muffins for breakfast, or who knows when I would have found him! He's lucky the snake is still too small, or he would have been breakfast for Diamond instead of relocated. Maybe now the kids will listen to me when I tell them to shut the door behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment