Friday, June 26, 2009

Reading Party Here We Come

We finished out our week of eclectic learning. Aiden is back on the typing bandwagon and working hard to learn how to type at 20 wpm. He's certainly frustrated that it isn't something he can learn in one day. It's nice to find a challenge for him.

They're both doing well with their daily writing sessions. They've produced lots of stories, poems, and the beginning of a graphic novel. The hardest thing about it for me is not editing anything. At this point I'm not even making suggestions for improvement. They will get enough of that when we're working on the projects with our curriculum starting in September.

Today after school they realized they were 11 beads away from their reading party. After lunch they asked me if there was anything they could do to earn the rest of the beads so they could have their party on Monday. They decided they would get one bead for each room that they cleaned. Hooray!! As I'm writing this, they have 2 beads left to go. Tomorrow we'll head to the library to get stacks of books for Monday morning. I'm excited for them. They've worked really hard and have both done an excellent job quelling the "I don't know" answers. I think they only lost 2 beads the whole time for using those words. Now I need to find something to read too!

No comments:

Post a Comment