Thursday, June 4, 2009

Surprise Visit with long lasting effects

We had a surprise visit today during school time from Tom's uncle John who lives in Chicago. The kids were so excited to show him our classroom and some of the things they had been working on. They pumped his head full of volcano facts and played some piano for him.

It's interesting how one surprise visit can have such an effect. Because he wanted to see what the kids had been up to, they enthusiastically gave him a tour of the classroom. Their obvious excitement made me feel even better about our decision to home school and the job that I've been doing. This feeling gave me more patience during our lessons later that day, and in turn the kids got a lot done and enjoyed working hard. So despite the fact that I was mad at myself for somehow sleeping through my alarm this morning, we had a great day.

Thanks for the visit, John. It made us all smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment